Rhylie’s paleo apple sauce recipe
This recipe is so simple and it’s a great way to get in some healthy fats into a sweet treat for your little ones. You can save portion’s into molds, mason jars or add a scoop to oatmeal or even top some ice cream. There are lots of creative ways to make one meal exciting for more than one sitting.
- grass-fed ghee or coconut oil
- 8-10 apples
- juice of 1-2 lemon’s
- 1-2 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- dash salt
- green powder
- Vitamix blender
Peel and Prep apples, and get other ingredients together
- peel apples then chop into manageable pieces
- juice lemon and set aside
Step 3 & 4
Cook apples, add lemon, flax, salt, and cinnamon
3. Toss apples into the pot with melted ghee and stir. Add a bit of filtered water to make sure they don’t stick or burn, cover and stir every 5 min or so.
4. Once apples are tender and soft, add cinnamon, salt and flax, toss apples to coat and let cool for 10 min.
Steps 5 & 6
puree apples and serve or save for later
5. Blend apples with the rest of the ingredients until smooth. Feel free to add berries or green powder if you want to spice it up a bit more. I Love serving the apple sauce with a little berry compote on top.
6. Serve and save. You can freeze in ice cube trays, food pouches or mason jars.
Other options for applesauce
- Add green powder to make it a more nutrient-dense meal for the littles or add berries and freeze in pouches.
Shop ingredients here
- Green powder
- Grass-fed Ghee
- Coconut oil
- Flax seeds
- Vitamix Blender
- Infantino pouch filler
- Reuseable pouches
- mason jars