Rhylie’s Paleo Kale popsicles
This is a very easy and fun way to get some super healthy veggies into your child’s growing body. My daughter LOVE”S popsicles and eats one probably every day. I started making a version of these when she was 6 months old and she would use them for teething and get some of that good nutrition in as well. You can really hide the veggies in this snack and the kids don’t seem to notice unless they have an aversion to green food. If that’s the case you can add yogurt and strawberries to the blender and make it more like a cream cycle with kale.
- 1 bunch kale
- a hand full of any other greens you choose- spinach is great
- 2 cucumber peeled and chopped
- 4-5 juiced lemons
- 4-5 stocks celery
- 15 pitted dates
- stevia if you need extra sweetener
- Vitamix blender
- Fine mesh strainer
- Popsicle molds
Prep ingredients, chop veggies, juice lemon, and Blend
- Rough chop kale, peel and chop cucumbers, wash and chop celery, juice lemons and set aside
2. Add ingredients to a blender with a little filtered water to make sure it starts blending nicely. Don’t add too much water at first, you want all the flavor you can get from the veggies, but add water as needed. Blend in batches if necessary then add to a strainer to let drain. Taste the juice and add anything else to balance the flavor. If you want them sweeter for the kids, you can add stevia if you are out of dates.
Steps 3 & 4
3. Strain the juice from the blender in a fine-mesh strainer over a large bowl, you will need to push it and move it around to get the most amount of liquid out of the raw ingredients. If you want more fiber in the popsicles you can add a scoop from the strainer to the bowl of juice. This is usually the longest part, just working out all the juice.
4. Prep the popsicle molds, pour the juice then freeze!
Shop ingredients and tools here