Rhylie’s paleo carrot and bone broth puree
This recipe is another simple puree and a great first food option. There are only 2 major ingredients in this puree which makes it ideal for choosing as one of the firsts your little one will be eating. As you probably know, we start with simple and single first foods to avoid allergies. If you see any symptoms come up after a food has been eaten then you will most likely know what food to avoid next time. The bone broth we use in the first food purees are simple and only made with bones, carrots, onion, and celery. As the little ones grow you can add more exciting ingredients to the mix like leeks, ginger, and kale. This recipe is just carrots and bone broth, let’s get started! Remember the simple one food purees are excellent to add to soups, stews, or any other textured foods like quinoa, beans, rice or chopped veggies. You can also add this puree to a little orange juice and freeze into a popsicle mold.
- 15 large organic carrots- depending on how much you want to make and how much room you have to save
- Organic bone broth
- ghee or coconut oil
- Heavy pot
- silicone molds or baby food pouches
- Peel carrots
- chop into manageable size pieces to sautee
- get bone broth ready-scrape any fat from the top of the jar into the pot and melt. add more ghee or coconut oil to the pan if needed.
- add chopped carrots and saute for 10 min then cover with broth and simmer until tender.
5. Let cool and blend until smooth as silk, add broth as needed, toss in a pinch of salt and taste.
6. Add puree to reusable pouches, silicone treys, and any baby food jars to save what you have made.