Nut & seed butter cups with flax and coconut
These were inspired by a simple peanut butter cup, but I wanted a less guilt-free version with my own ingredients and maybe a boost of something good for you. I used sunflower seed butter, flax seeds and coconut oil for some extra healthy fats. You could probably add in a little green superfood powder or protein powder depending on what’s important to you. These would also be great with some toasted chopped almonds on top and large flake salt.
- 4 OZ Organic chocolate
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- Flax seeds for topping( optional)
- Shredded coconut for topping (optional)
- Toasted chopped almonds for topping (optional)
- flaky salt for topping
- mix nut butter and maple syrup together on the double boiler until melted and mixed together well- add in a dash of salt
- Add the mixture into whatever mold you are using. I used a silicone round mold so that they have a cup-like look to them. You can use anything, even a sheet trey then break it up into chunks or cut into squares later. I used a 3/4 nut mixture to 1/4 chocolate mixture. Once you add the nut mixture put into the freezer for 5 min.
- While the nut mixture gets hard in the freezer, start the chocolate in the double boiler. You will top the nut mixture with a small amount of melted chocolate. You can then add whatever toppings you want. I used flaky salt, coconut, and flax, but I think that toasted almonds would be so good!